Having a large selection of hearing aids is essential when trying to determine which device will best suit your needs. The expert staff at Stockton Hearing Aid Dispensing Center is equipped to deal with all types of hearing loss. Communication is an important part of life, and losing it can have a number of ramifications on your lifestyle. With the right hearing aid, normal hearing function can be restored.
Hearing Aid Styles
The severity of hearing loss pushes consumers into favoring one style over another. There are also decisions based on the design of the product. Smaller hearing aids are easier to hide but contain fewer features than their bigger counterparts. The best choice will balance out the desired style with a look that favors all-day wear.
Various hearing aid styles we offer:
- In the ear (ITE) or full shell: These devices are custom-fit to sit in the outer portion of the ear canal and are ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Invisible in canal (IIC): These hearing aids fit deeper in the canal to provide an “invisible” appearance. They are ideal for individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely in canal (CIC): Custom-made to fit completely in the ear canal, these device have a small handle that sits outside the canal for insertion and removal. These hearing aids are designed for individuals with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- In the canal (ITC): These devices are made to sit inside the canal with a small portion of the hearing aid visible at the opening of the ear. They are ideal for individuals with mild-to-mildly-severe hearing loss.
- Behind the ear (BTE): The bodies of these hearing aids are worn behind the ear with a small receiver in the ear connected by a slim tube. They are ideal for individuals with mild to severe hearing loss.
- Mini BTE with slim tube and tip: The same build as a behind-the-ear device, but smaller and more discreet. Ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- BTE with earmolds: Worn behind the ear, but utilizes an earmold for a custom fit and to boost listening experience. These devices are designed for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Receiver-in-canal (RIC): Similar to a BTE and ITC, the receiver sits in the ear and this device comes in miniature styles. Ideal for individuals with mild-to-severe hearing loss.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
After 3 years, or for individuals who did not purchase a hearing aid through Stockton Hearing & Speech Center, we offer our incredible Battery Club! Members of this club can take advantage of our special offer of 100 batteries for $60.
Bluetooth-enabled Hearing Aids
Wireless connectivity is a feature that extends to compatible hearing devices. Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids give wearers freedom of movement up to several feet. This connection is remembered for future use, adding to an entirely convenient setup. Bluetooth is easy to set up and can be used with a device’s associated smartphone app.
Oticon Hearing Products
With an Oticon product, users get solutions that matter in key hearing areas. Immersive sound, a great mic and great style options are only some of the great features of Oticon Hearing Products. They are a people-first company that handles moderate to severe hearing loss.
Starkey Hearing Products
Starkey has one of the largest hearing aid catalogs in the world. A lot of satisfied people have purchased Starkey products as their first hearing device. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an American owned business that manufactures durable, stylish and affordable hearing aids.